This section of the website had been created allowing members and non-members to easily locate and read all our updates regarding the de-recognition application.
De-recognition Update: BPA & PDAU Meeting
On Friday 8th December 2017, members of the BPA Executive met with the PDAU representatives of the Boots pharmacists who have applied to derecognise the Boots Pharmacists Association.
Discussions were held on the agreement between Boots and the BPA as well as the job roles of those pharmacists who would be eligible to vote if a ballot is required.
The meeting was constructive and we will update you on any further developments.
Wednesday 15th November 2017
The Central Arbitration Committee (CAC) have today accepted
the application for de-recognition of the BPA.
We are surprised and disappointed at the decision and will keep you informed of any developments as we progress through to the next stages.
Monday 6th November 2017
We had hoped to be informed of the decision of the CAC as
to whether or not to accept the application for de-recognition of the BPA by
its' intended deadline of 3rd of November.
Unfortunately this has not been the case and we have been informed today of another extension to the CACs deadline. The update received gave no indication of when we might expect a decision to be announced.
We will keep you informed of any developments and, as always, we will continue to support our members as we await the decision.
Wednesday 25th October 2017
Following on from the delay announced by the CAC on Thursday 19th October as to whether to accept or decline the application made by the 6 workers in relation to de-recognition of the BPA. We have now been informed that a decision will now be expected on Friday 3rd November.
Thursday 19th October 2017
We have today been notified that the Central Arbitration Committee will again be extending the notification period on whether to accept or decline the application made by the 6 workers in relation to de-recognition of the BPA. As yet we are unaware of the new date and await confirmation of this.
The BPA continues to represent our members and appreciates the support of both our members and Boots pharmacists throughout this period.
Monday 9th October 2017
We have today been informed that the Panel considering the
application on de-recognition has decided to further extend the statutory
deadline for it to decide if the application can be accepted by the
Monday 2nd October 2017
The BPA were expecting a decision on whether the CAC had
accepted or refused the de-recognition application by the 30th September.
The CAC have confirmed that having considered all the evidence submitted,
more time is needed to finalise its written decision. For this reason, the
acceptance period has been extended until Monday 9 October.
As soon as we have any more information we will update you.
Friday 8th September: De-recognition Update
Following on from our update yesterday with the CAC confirming an extension to the acceptance period of the application for de-recognition to 30 September 2017, our latest update can be viewed here.
Thursday 7th September: De-recognition Update
We have been notified by the CAC that there will be an extension to the acceptance period of the application for de-recognition to 30 September 2017. The extension has been granted to allow the PDAU who are acting on behalf of the six pharmacists to submit further information in support of their application.
Friday 1st September: De-recognition Update
The BPA was expecting a decision on whether the CAC had accepted or refused the de-recognition application by the 30th August. The CAC have confirmed that the panel considering the application has yet to reach a decision and have extended the deadline until the 8th September. As soon as we have any more information we will update you.
Thursday 31st August: De-recognition Update
The BPA was expecting a decision on whether the CAC had accepted or refused the de-recognition application by the 30th August. The CAC have confirmed that the panel considering the application has yet to reach a decision and we have no indications as to when they will reach a conclusion. As soon as we have any more information we will update you.
Friday 25th August: De-recognition Update and Launch of Coaching Pilot
Whilst we wait for a decision from the CAC on the recent application submitted regarding the de-recognition of the BPA, the recent update can be accessed here.
Wednesday 16th August: De-recognition Update
Latest update can be accessed here
Friday 4th August: Application to the CAC to de-recognise the BPA
BPA update regarding the application made to the Central Arbitration Committee to de-recognise the BPA, can be accessed here.